Hygrophila polysperma banned in CA?

Yesterday, the LFS told me they couldn't sell H. polysperma any
more because it was banned in California a month ago after it
choked everything else out in a lake somewhere. This was the first
I'd heard of this; has anyone else heard it?

I went looking through the archives to see if I'd missed a post
about it and didn't find anything except this exchange about
laterite, which made me grin:

>> I have asked a local nursery and was told that the EPA banned
>> its use in the US.  Comments please.

> HAHAHA.  It's amazing how creative the excuses can be when a
> shopkeeper is asked for a product they don't carry.

Eric