Re: Ehiem surface extractor

>From: taylorjc2 at juno_com
>Subject: Ehiem surface extractor
>
>Is anyone using the ehiem surface extractor?  Is it noisy.  Does it
>adequately skim the whole surface of the water?  Will it suck up fish?

I'm using one, but only for lack of a better alternative.  It is noisy at
times (a clanking sound) when the water level is not just right, or there
is obstruction to the flow.  It skims the whole surface, but only for a day
or so, then leaves and other floating bits of plants would plug it up. I
have to clean out the intake tubes every couple of days.

Ivo was working on an alternative a while ago.  How is it going Ivo?

Hoa
Hoa G. Nguyen
Freshwater Planted Aquarium: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/2637/