anchor worm and clout ...don't do it

A number of aquarists have had poor to disastrous results using clout to
treat anchorworm.  The results range from no effect at all to the sudden
death of the fish within hours of treatment.  If you know a vet then you
can use a pill called Program that will cure anchorworm.  The treatment
is one large dog Program pill per 1000 gallons of water.  The best way
to treat small tanks is the divide the pill after it has been crushed
into a fine powder and then scoring it into smaller approximately
equally sized lots.  For instance if subdivided into tenths then you
can treat 100 gallons. The Program interferes with the chitin making
ability of the anchorworm.  As anchorworm is actually a crustacean their
shell is made of chitin.  Only a single treatment is required and the
anchorwoms die within 3 to 4 days.  For a more definitive review go
to------> http://www.koivet.com/program.htm/  .  Program does not harm
your nitrogen cycle or the plants either.  Clout is nasty stuff, I stay
away from all the organic phosphenes if I can at all help it.