Amano Shrimp

Now that I have my tank back in control, at the expense of my two
flagfish, I was wondering about buying some Amano shrimp.  Will they
still eat algae if there is other food around?  I have some young fish
in the tank that find food everywhere - they pick out small particle
form the sand.
  The problem was a very high CO2 concentration, but I have fixed it for
the time being.  The plants liked it, but unfortunately, so did the hair
algae.  Are Amano shrimp good at getting rid of hair algae?

Thanks
Jason Miller
Sherwood Park, AB
Canada