RE: Substrates

AIMCOR, the manufacturers of Profile APS, has a very similar product called
Professional Clay Soil Conditioner. This fact was verified by a employee at
AIMCOR when they were phoned asking for a retail outlet in Illinois for APS.
Franks Nursery sells PCSC for $14.99 for a 40 lb. bag.

TEX-Blast is another option. This is a quartz based sandblasting medium that
is available in 2 to 3mm granular size. I don't know the price on this but
I'm sure it's relatively cheap and available in bulk containers as well.

Tom Bates
Allentown, PA