Nymphaea species

Hi group,

How do you tell Nymphaea lotus (red variety) from Nymphaea stellata?  I
have one of them in my aquarium and I don't know which variety it is.  I
pinch off the aerial leaves before they reach the surface, but submerged
leaves are reddish and 6.5" long by about 4" wide, with a deep cleft at the
base.  Actually, I just pinched off a leaf and put it on a flatbed scanner
and scanned it!  And here it is:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/2637/nymphaea.jpg

I tried to get the color to come out as close to the original as possible,
but it may not be correct.  What's important is the leaf shape.  Can you
tell from this picture what kind of plant I have?

Thanks,
Hoa
Hoa G. Nguyen
Freshwater Planted Aquarium: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/2637/