RE: Tropica MasterGrow - Dosage

Andy,

> Having just purchased a bottle of Tropica`s Mastergrow fertiliser, I am
> wondering what dosage, list members who have used the product for a
while,
> are using ?

The trick seems to be in keeping all nutrients (macro and micro) in
balance.  This begins with your area's water, and includes and the amount
of light you're using and whether your tank has CO2.  All of these factor
are important.

For instance, my 50 gallon with 110w PC fluorescent and CO2 didn't see much
improvement on 5ml TMG/week, but I had an algae problem at the time, and
any more than 5ml just fed the algae.  The problem was that I was
nitrate-limited and there was excess phosphate in the water column.   Once
I remedied that problem, adding more TMG really helped and plant growth
increased nicely.  Currently I use 5ml/2x weekly.  I know others who dose
daily.

michael rubin
michael at rubinworld_com
http://www.rubinworld.com