Re: Visi-Lux flourescent ballasts

I bought 3 Visi-Lux electronic ballasts with end caps 13 months ago, to run 2 x 4' flourescents each.
2 ballasts have failed during this past week, and I am told the warranty on them is one year! I guess
this is how they make their money.  Has anyone had a similar experience, and can anyone recommend
alternative ballasts that are more reliable and/or cost less.  (I see Coralife makes a competitive and
less expensive product - has anyone had any experience with this?)

Thanks in advance

Peter Elson