Re: Green Surface Algae

On 19 Sep 99, Bob Buettner wrote:

> I don't have a solution for your problem, but when the weather started
> getting hot,  I have been getting surface film of tiny particles (looks like
> green dust) of algae on my tank. It is not a big problem as I get rid of it
> during my weekly water changes. This stuff almost looks like pollen on the
> surface as it's extremely fine grained. Anyone else see this?

Thanks for your input,

That's how the algae starts out...looking just like green pollen
grains and continues to grow until a water change. Bob Dixon
suggests it might be BGA but there is no other sign of it in the tank
and there is no "strong algae smell"in the tank, it smells more like
damp earth than anything. Is there possibly some nutrient
imbalance that would allow this to develop but only on the surface.
This has got me puzzled????

Thanks,

Graham
Toronto