Re: Tank shape

In a message dated 9/19/1999 1:49:54 AM Mountain Daylight Time,

> This one is for Mark Stahlke-
>
>  In the last APD you mentioned  that you have a bowfront tank.
>  I have been drooling over a 150 gal bowfront, picturing it with huge
>  plants and a few discus.  But I have been afraid to lay out the cash,
>  because I haven't seen one with water in it.  Does it distort?  Someone
>  (trying to make a sale) told me that it doesn't "disproportionalize, but
>  does uniformly magnify."

I don't have one yet, but if the manufacturer uses quality glass, it will
magnify a little without distortion.  It only magnifies horizontally, though,
making things longer without making them higher.

I have been thinking about getting one and setting it up backwards, with the
bow in back.  It would give a sort of diarama effect.  Has anyone else tried
this?

Bob Dixon
Cichlid Trader List Administrator
http://cichlidtrader.listbot.com