Re: Good SA Cichlids for a planted tank?

> Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 02:21:22 -0600
> From: Chuck Gadd <cgadd at cfxc_com>
> Subject: Good SA Cichlids for a planted tank?
>
> Can anyone recommend some nice peaceful plant-friendly south american cichlids for a 75g planted tank?
>
> I'd like to have a pair or two of two varieties, if that will work for the fish.  (ie, a pair of rams, and a pair of angels)
>
> I also plan a good size school of some tetra, and a bunch of cories and then some misc. algae eaters.

In our planted 180 gal, we have six angels, two pairs of rams, one male/two female A. trifasciata "Mamore Blue", and a Laetacara dorsiger.  With that much space, everyone does well with the tetras, corys, otos and whiptailed cats.

For more details on the fish we keep, you're welcome to visit:

    http://cbt.bungi.com/amazonaquarium
--
Beverly Wladyka
Edmonton AB Canada