Re: Evolution vs Creation( oldest organism)

	Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 08:44:53 -0400
	From: jaredmarkw at mindspring_com
	Subject: Evolution or Creationism

	Edison C. Yap writes "I hope that this debate will end soon!
	But just to make things final I just want to place this
question:
	If evolution is right then why hasn't any life form ever evolved
	to live forever?"

		How old is the oldest organism?  I know of ~2000 year
old redwoods.  Is there some other organism than is older.  What about
coral reefs?  What about bacteria?

		I have been told that there are trees (alders?) that
have interconnected roots and therefore all the trees are one plant and
it is ONE PLANT THAT IS ACERS AND ACERS.  Urban legend?

		Kim
		Kanderson at psg_ucsf.edu