Re: Nuking Blue-green algae

Hello,

ugh! please not the evil dreaded bleach thread again.  Blue Green algae is
not algae but actually a bacteria, cynobacteria to be specific ;)
Treatment can include anti-bacteria (possibly with some ill effects
however cynobacteria exist everywhere as it's one of the bacteria
assumingly responsible for the current atmosphere we have on earth.

If nutrients are present for cyno growth then treating cyno with
medications will just regrow, i.e. treat the CAUSE *NOT* the symptoms.  I
would strongly suggest reading the sears-colin paper on control of algae
http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Fertilizer/sears-conlin.html

Ed