Phosphate test kit

> Has anyone here used the red sea phosphate test kit?  If so what was the
> results (like/dislike) of this kit.  I recently purchased one and find
> that it give grossly inaccurate readings.

I found the Red Sea Phosphate Test kit to be well-designed and easy to use.
The directions are graphic and almost impossible to misinterpret, and the
color chart is laminated (why don't more companies do this?).  Reading the
color chart is simple - different values of phosphate produce different
colors (like a Tetra pH kit), not different shades or intensities of the
same color.

On the negative side, I found the kit to be consistently inaccurate, though
not grossly so.  It always seemed to be about 0.05ppm high (I never got a 0
reading) when compared to the results of a Hach test kit.

michael rubin
mrubin at visa_com
1(650) 432-4685