RE: 24/7 day length query

Has anyone tried odd lighting schemes?  Like 24 on, 24 off.  Or 6 on, 6 off.
Something that isn't 10-14 on and 10-14 off.  What were the results?  I
realize that the lighting timers are based on a 24 hour clock and that makes
the 12-12 very useful, but has anyone played around with the day
lengths/night lengths?

Chris