RE: Apple Snails

My old room-mate had 2 apple snails in a tank with some Brazilian swords
(not true aquatics) and 2 Oscars (about 2" apiece).  The Oscars seemed to
like the plants but the snails decimated them.  They were almost gone after
3 days.  He traded the apple snails for a couple of black snails (and also
got a few true aquatics), they haven't eaten his plants after several
months.  The apple snails were about 1" in diameter and the black snails
began at about the same size.  Currently they are about 2" in diameter.

Chris