Plants DO respire in light

>	There seems to be a common misconception that >plants synthesize in
>light, then respire in darkness.  While it's true >that photosynthesis
>has to stop at sundown, I remember in a biology class >I took 20 years
>ago that the professor made a point of making it very >clear that
plants
>respire in both darkness and in light.

You're right Sherman, plants respire in light too. Some folks that
raise terrestial plants from seeds leave the lights on 24/7 (In my
opinion, this is not
any more beneficial than 14-16 hours, but it's debateable). Anyway, if
the poor plants didn't respire in the light, they'd have a tough time growing...