Re: Seachem Flourish

> Can anyone on this list explain to me what exactly Seachem Flourish is?

You can get a detailed analysis of what is in Flourish at Seachems
website, heres a direct link:
http://www.seachem.com/support/general/flourish_ga.gif

> I bought some through a mailorder company under the category of plant
> fertilizer and it arrived with nothing except a scant label that said it is
> a "non-fertilizer water conditioner'
>What exactly does it contain and what does it do?

As to why it is referred to as a "water conditioner"...  The following
is ripped directly from there FAQ at:
http://www.seachem.com/index_english.html

"Q: Why did you change the product?
A: We didn’t change the product at all, only the label. This was a
result of ill defined state fertilizer laws which make it impossible for
us to sell the product with the older, more descriptive label. These
laws do not consider aquaculture fertilization parameters and therefore
left us with the choice of either bottling 10/10/10 or changing our
labels such that no fertilization claims were made. These laws have been
recently changed at the federal level, so hopefully in the not too
distant future, the consumer will not have to guess at what certain
products do because of overly restrictive government regulation."

Also ripped from their site is what they say it will do:

"Flourish™ is a growth stimulator for aquarium plant stems and leaves.
It contains a broad spectrum of essential trace elements, vitamins, and
amino acids. Flourish™ is rich in gluconate iron, manganese, calcium,
magnesium, potassium, inositol, choline B12, biotin, and other factors
that have been determined to be beneficial to aquatic plants. It
contains no phosphate or nitrate or other fertilizers that would promote
algae proliferation. A 100 mL bottle treats up to 5,000 gallons. It is
also beneficial for household plants."

I use it without the Flourite, Flourish Tabs, or Flourish Iron.
You can also find info on their other products at their site.

Hope this helps,
Michael