Plants DO respire in light

>> Lighting on 24/7 won't give the best results either. Plants/algae
>> have to respire too!
	There seems to be a common misconception that plants synthesize in
light, then respire in darkness.  While it's true that photosynthesis
has to stop at sundown, I remember in a biology class I took 20 years
ago that the professor made a point of making it very clear that plants
respire in both darkness and in light.  For what it's worth, I'm
parroting what he said here. -- Sherman Lovell