Re: MH bulb burnout

<< Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 08:27:32 -0400 (EDT)
 From: ac554 at freenet_carleton.ca (David Whittaker)
 Subject: MH lamp burnout

 I had a 5200K 250 watt MH lamp pop on me after five weeks of
 operation. Am I entitled to a replacement bulb? Opinions?

 - --
 Dave Whittaker
 Gloucester, Ontario
 Canada
 ac554 at FreeNet_Carleton.ca

Dave,

It would all depend on how the bulb was handled, any grease from your fingers
simply by touching the bulb when installing it etc can cause the bulb to
burst. Before actually turning your bulb on it should have been cleaned to
remove any debris from touching our handling, I use rubbing alcohol. The bubl
may have pooped due to a foreign substance such as water a fly etc hitting
it, eliminate all these possibilities first.
If the bulb was correctly installed, 5-6 weeks is a short time for they
should last more than a year or two. However, you can buy brand new 60 watt
light bulbs at any grocery store and the occasional one burns out after a
day, this could be the bulb or in some instances a power surge etc.

Try contacting the manufacturer and get a replacement , there should be some
type of guarantee if the bubl was not mishandled.

John