RE: Potassium

> From: Ed Street <br at ldl_net>
> Just thought i'd let everyone know that I ordered the lamotte
> potassium
> test kit today.  I am hoping to relate potassium levels to
> nitrate levels
> in planted tanks by studying the levels and charting trends in several
> tanks.  I know there's relationships but I wanted to look at the
> differences myself and see what is really going on.

I have started work on a similar task a few weeks ago. I hope you are more
pleased with the Lamotte kit than I am. It is far more subjective than any
of the other tests I have gotten from them, especially at low levels. It is
a turbidity test that requires you to decide when the black dot is obscured
by the solution.

I started keeping all test results in Excel and monitoring the graphs for
trends about 6 months ago. I'm not sure why I hadn't thought of it years
ago.

Jon Wilson
http://www.knology.net/~jwilson/plants.htm