Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1241

----------
>From: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com (Aquatic Plants Digest)
>To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
>Subject: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1241
>Date: Fri, Aug 27, 1999, 11:48 PM
>

>I'm thinking of trimming the dead stuff off the bottom of the parrots
>feathers and replanting.  Opinions, please.  Should I do it no
>w, or wait
>until it roots and regains some strength?  I noticed one of them has a little
>stem shooting off near the base.
>
>Also, do I need to think about going with 2 more 40-watt bulbs, or do I wait
>until I get the CO2 running?

Parrots feather is very tough. Grows outside here in CA just fine. Trim it.
It should look nice soon.
Adding CO2 will help speed growth but careful with it. Doesn't sound like
you need it quite yet
due to the addition of peat and plants growing and all. Adding the extra
light will likely cause you to need extra CO2. If your doing fine with what
your doing now, stay with it. If you can't help your self, try it, but get
the CO2. Test your Ph/kh but your also using peat and that can toss that CO2
table off somewhat. Watch the plants/fish closely instead/also. Remember
that it's like your driving at 30mph with 2 bulbs. Adding 2 more will be
like 50-60mph so if there's something wrong or a crash, it will happen
faster and more intense.
Aponogetons have been popular due to their good growth in bad/poor water.
Beautiful plant though don't you think? Your substrate sounds neat though.
Regards,
Tom Barr