Noisy CustomSeaLife cooling fan

Some time ago I posted a message regarding the large amount of noise
produced by the the cooling fan in my CustomSeaLife PowerCompact hood.
 I've solved this problem and thought I'd post it here.

I purchased the hood through an LFS that did their best to accomodate me,
including internet searches for replacement fans, constant dialog with the
manufacturer and generally practiced good customer relations.  On the other
hand, both the LFS and I found CustomSeaLife to be remarkably
uncooperative.

Now that I've gotten THAT out of the way...
I drove to my nearest Radio Shack, purchased a replacement fan for my
CustomSeaLife hood with the exact same power requirement and decible rating
(AC power, 120v, 38dB) , and installed it.  The result is a dramatically
quieter hood.  To go even quieter I'd have to switch from AC to DC current
and install a transformer and a computer "muffin" fan.  I spent $20.05
including wire nuts and tax.

I can live with this.
michael rubin
michael at rubinworld_com