Re: KH and Ammonia

> Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 04:32:52 -0700
> From: Wright Huntley <huntley1 at home_com>
> Subject: Re: KH and Ammonia

> You may be missing that many very stubborn folks continue to kill their
fish
> by using old hypo-based dechlor products despite the switch to chloramine
> all across the US (and Canada?). The massive ammonia release at higher pH
is
> quite deadly. It is subtly destructive to gills and causes stunting at
lower
> concentrations or reduced pH

Admitted newbie here, can you tell me other than AMQUEL, is there another
product I could use as it is not readily available here and I vaguely
remember being told it affected certain medications?  What exactly do you
mean by "hypo-based" product, I use "AQUA plus "which seems to work fine,
but maybe I am missing something.

Thanks Elaine