Re: Amazon- Collecting- Thuh.

In a message dated 8/24/99 3:56:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

<< UMMM! Nobody was talking about collecting orchids!  Doi!>>
The original posting referred to collecting fish and Plants ( not specified
what type). Thuh.

 << I don't know of any collecting trips that go onto the pantanal where the
isolated
 pools you speak of are typically located.  Were talking about flooded forest
areas.>>
 That may be the case, but there are species and subspecies of fish that are
endemic to several feet of river frontage on major rivers. Thuh.

 <<Again, nobody was talking about poaching.  If the guy is on a guided trip,
the
 paperwork is typically taken care of or the lack of it (therefore lack of
collecting)
 is well know prior to departure.  Again...  ...doi!>>

Guided trip or not, my point was that even with the proper paperwork, and all
the permits. Brazil is cracking down and frowning upon any foreigner, tourist
or not taking their natural resources. If you don't believe me contact Andre
Schoonwille of the KFN on his experiences last year.
 Thuh.

John