sword propogation question

I have had alot of luck with an ozelot sword propogating with flower stalks
over the past few months.  I do have a couple of other swords (rubin, melon)
and I was curious on how to make swords create plantlets off of the rhizome.
I haven't seen much on the web about it, just that it happens.  I want to
know how to make it happen.

Are there certain types of swords that will work and others that will not?
A certain sized root ball?  Certain sized plant?  Any help or web page
suggestions would be great.

Chris