Evergreens

Sorry if this post went through.  I didn't catch it if it did.  My computer
is kind of fussy at times.  My question is this, I had to dig up a dead
evergreen bush out of my lawn.. Without the tiny little needles on it it
looks kind of cool.  I was wondering if I could put it in my live plant tank
as a drift wood piece or not.  My first thought is that it would have to
much acid or something in it, because nothing grows under them when their
alive.  What do you guys think?  Probably think that I am crazy huh?