Re: Copper Sulphate

>I am looking for Copper Sulphate to treat hair algae. I can't find any resource. Please let me know where can I buy this.
>
>Thanks
> jack

Try "Had-A-Snail", a snail killer. I found it at Petco. It's just copper
sulphate at 1.63 % dilution. But beware, it may stunt or even kill sensitive
plants such as valisneria if used at the recommended dose (for killing
snails), which is about 0.1 ppm. It made a difference in the hair algae in
my tank, but didn't kill it entirely. IMO, nutrient control is safer and
more efficient, although slower.

-Ivo Busko
 Baltimore, MD