Hornwort mess!

>Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 14:04:21 -0600
>From: Chuck Gadd <cgadd at cfxc_com>
>Subject: Hornwort mess!
>
>I don't know if it was caused by low light levels, or a small amount
>of salt I added to my tank, or the ICH medicine that I used, but much
>of my hornwort is turning brown, and losing it's "needles".  It reminds
>me of the mess a live christmas tree makes if you keep it too long.  I've
>got hornwort needles everywhere in the tank, dispite several cleanings.
>
>Any guesses on what the cause would be?  The brown parts feel brittle
>and dried out (if that's possible under water!)
>
>- --
>Chuck Gadd

Hornwort and Najas (guadalupensis) are often considered some of the most hardy plants of all.
Once I tried to eradicate snails in a tank with "snail poison" (copper containing). I now live happily with snails.
Both species of plants lost all the leaves in less than a day, and I did not overdose. If that is the reason for your problems (ICH-med.), I donīt know.
Ole
ole.t at larsen_dk
delfirstdot/sletfoerstepunktum