Re: Alternative for CO2 cylinder

Hi

I was off the list for a while and these questions must have been posted
before. Please bear with me for a while, folks.

Recently a friend of mine told me about an electrical device attached onto
the wall (similar to a ceiling fan controlled switch). Inside this device
is a piece of carbon which supply co2 via a silicon tube to the tank and
the amount of co2 can be adjusted through a switch similar to a fan switch.

How does it work?
Has anyone tried it?
How effective is it? How long does each piece of carbon last?
How efficient is it in terms of convenience, dollars and sense?
Where is it available? What does it cost? Where can one get more onfo on this?

charlie