Duplacrystal/flocculants

Hello all,
I just visited the Dupla website and saw some information on"Duplacrystal"
which appears to be a flocculant and from what they say it can help reduce
phosphate  and as I have high (2-3ppm) phosphate level in my tapwater and a
problem with  bga it looks interesting ( if I can get hold of it in the UK
or trips to Holland) . Has anyone tried this product and are there any side
effects ? Does it reduce other trace elements which then need to be
replenished ?
TIA
John Holt
jdholt at compuserve_com