re heating cables

I have found that the cheapest and one of the easiest ways to heat the
plants from the bottom is not from heating cables, but rather to pump heated
water through some tubbing and have that burried in the gravel.  I have a
tank that has been up for over a year and my plants do well with this
radiator method.  I wonder how many other people out there have done
something like this.  You can tap right into the pump that you use for
filtration.