Re: Cloudy Water

Jeff,
    it sounds like you may have a yeast outbreak from your DIY CO2 system.
This happened to me once and it was a real pain to correct. It's hard to
diagnose without seeing it, but I remember mine was a thick, milky
cloudniness and there were also little white "fuzz" spots on the sides of
the glass, plant leaves, filter tubes, etc. I ended up tearing down the
tank and starting over, but you may try doing a huge water change(close to
100%), plus a really good gravel vacuum. By your description, it sounds
like that's what it is, but I hope I'm wrong. Did you shake your CO2 bottle
or anything like that?
Ryan