Re: 10,000K lights

Raymond Wong asked about using 10,000K lights from a reef setup on planted
tanks.  I tried it with a metal halide setup.  The plants don't like it (at
least mine didn't).  The 10,000K light is intended to replicate the blue
light found several meters below the ocean surface.  That's a lot deeper
than the natural habitats of the aquatic plants that we tend to use.  When I
switched back to 6500K lights, the plants did a lot better.

Tom