Re: Fish Traps

Catching fish in planted aquaria is at best a frustrating experience. But I
have discovered a way to make it somewhat easier. My problem fish are Diamond
Tetras. They breed like rabbits in the planted 75 and I have to remove small
herds every few months.

Don't feed them for a good stretch of time. I'll go as far as not feeding
them for the week. Then get your net, the bigger the better. Put it in the
water and wait a couple of minutes. Grab the food. Tetra Bits work well
because you can dole them out a couple pieces at a time in front of the net.
The fact they are hungry will drive them toward the food that's near the net.
When one gets within striking distance, net it. Start the process again. It's
time consuming, but this way you keep them right where you want them and you
don't destroy the tank in the process.

BTW, I've fish swim right into the net to go after a morsel. You can figure
out the rest ;D

Susan