Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1186

<< Although I have never tried amano in soft
 acidic water, i have lost a ghost shrimp or three from some of my
 "experiments" in such conditions; I then concluded crustacens don't do well
 in soft acidic. >>
that would seem logical, except my water has a lot of Ca++ in it and I have
about a zillion snails (both MTS and ramshorn).  In a similiar tank (same
pH), I was able to raise a blue lobster (I know, but it was early on in my
fish keeping days) through 3 molts before it I had mysterious deaths (or
should I say disappearances of smaller fish) and gave it back to the lfs.  In
test kits, the water actually comes out with a medium hardness score, but it
has no buffering ability.

Rich D'Ottavio - sorry about the color and font, but my daughter must have
switched my stuff and I'm incapable of correcting it.