Shrimp & Flourish

In a message dated 7/31/99 3:07:52 AM Central Daylight Time,

Living in Baton Rouge does not afford the greatest variety of aquatic
specimens. Althought some of the local guys have been recently turned on to
the Otocinlus and its benefits. I cannot say that I have had the opportunity
to see an Amano shrimp. But due to the great fishing there are many Glass
(grass) shrimp to be had here. You can purchase them for 10 cents a piece
here. Seemed like a deal to me. You do have to buy them from a local discount
mart, so I typically quarantine them for a few days to be safe. My question
is has any one had both Amano and Glass shrimp, and can you tell me is it
worth looking for the expensive Amano version?

Next, I raise Guppies( in other tanks than the shrimo tank) and have been
trying to get java moss, Water sprite and some other easy plants to grow. I
do not know if some of you recall I have had some trouble with water quality,
and have made some posts concerning this in the past. What I need help with
today is Flourish. I purchased some recently (mail order) and upon recieving
it was suprise that the contents were not given. Does any body know what is
in Flourish? One of the reasons I was purchasing it was I was hoping it might
help with my water being 0 gH.

I also want to keep carbon in the water for my guppies. What can I expect
this to do to my plants? I really like the cover that Java moss gives in the
breeding tanks. Will it survive and grow with a carbon box filter? Do I need
to supplement with something other than Flourish? I have been using Leaf Zone
for iron and plan on changing to Flourish Iron when I run out. Oh, yes I
forgot to mention, I have the plants in 2" clay pots with Flourite.

Thanks for your suggestions in advance.   <' III><

Regards,
RAY