Fan noise in CustomSeaLife ABS hoods

I recently purchased a 36" CustomSeaLife ABS hood with a pair of 24" PC
6700K bulbs and an internal fan, and the plants in my 50gal really
appreciate the 110w.  However, the hood produces a high-pitched whine that
is driving us nuts.  The fan itself is nearly silent, but there's some sort
of resonance occurring within the hood.  I've explored this with the LFS
that sold me the hood, and they all do it - not just mine.  We tried
dampening the reflector and mounting the fan on isolators, but so far
nothing has helped.

Has anyone faced this challenge before?

michael rubin
mrubin at visa_com