Re: KATI / ANI vs. RO / DI

Shannon writes:

> What becomes of the HCl (and NaOH in the other procedure)? Surely there's
>  salts of some sort being formed which must constitute a 'waste' product.
You
>  flush this down the drain or vacuum it up or something else?

After recharge a few gallons of water is fluched through and discarded.  But
it is not nearly the amount of waste water seen with R/O.

I should note here that the title of this thread is a bit misleading.
KATI/ANI IS DI, so it shouldn't be <KATI/ANI vs RO/DI>.  It should just be
<KATI/ANI vs RO>.

Bob Dixon