Incandescent lights

Roger Miller Wrote:
>Incandescent lights in general produce too
>much heat to run over an aquarium.  They're also inefficient and don't
>last long.  It's possible to use incandescents but most of us would use
>something else - usually fluorescent light.

Granted those are all really good reasons NOT to use incandescents I have
tried and am trying it.  The tank in question is a 65 gallon plexiglass hex
tank.  I'm using a 150 watt Osram Sylvania "Spot grow"  bulb.  The tank has
been running for about a year now, and I've only gone through one bulb that
burnt out about 2 months ago.  It has no reflector on it because the bulb
has a built in reflector.

I know the limitations of incandescents, and only keep crypts, java ferns
and moss, water sprite, and a water lily that is flowering at this moment.
I thought I'd let everyone know of my success with incandescent.

Kevin