Re: Favorite fluorescents

I like the bright, natural look provided by high CRI 5000K tubes.
Adding some red-blue light from a "plant" tube (AquaGlo, GroLux,
Perfecto, Triton) further enhances the colors and iridescence in fish
without creating a large amount of "unnatural" light.

I've been using a mix of two C50s (Phillips Colortone) and one AquaGlow.
I recently replaced that by one C50 and two 5400K CFs. Will try to
replace the C50, when it wears out, by a Triton. Its strong blue
component should do great on the looks of cardinals and pearl gouramis.

-Ivo Busko