Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:24:57 -0400
From: Alok Chaudhari <chaudhari.6 at osu_edu>
Subject: Cyanobacteria

Hello,
        I seem to have a really bad case of cyano. I have read
discussion
about using circulation, erythromycin, darkness, witchcraft, among other

things to get rid of the stuff. The most possible explanation for the
outbreak is what some people have discussed, nutrient starved tanks can
have bad outbreaks. I use reclaimed RO for water changes (25% weekly).
The
tank is a 180. There is about 5 mg/l NO3 and no detectable PO4. Any

Alok