Stained Water

To the Newbie who left no name:

Your problem sounds much like the one I had.  It is more than likely the
driftwood.  When you changed the water it cleared things up by taking out
stained water and adding clean water.  Since the driftwood is still leaching
it eventually turned the water brownish again.  Only time will cure this.
Water changes and time actually.  You can expect to see things getting
better within a few months.  Also, boiling the driftwood may speed up the
process some.  Although my driftwood is no longer leaching much if any in
the
tank, I could still boil it and the water in the boiling pot would turn
brown.

Mike G.