Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #778

> Yes-thats right-#778-I'm cleaning out my mailbox (what a procrastinator).
>  I have a question though-isn't chloramine added to purify water? Wouldn't
>  tap water with chloramine hitting a biological filter kill it, rather than
>  the biological filter breaking it down?

Chloramine breaks itself down.  Again, at concentrations that it is in your
tap water, you can do a 20% change, and it will not hurt the fish (or the
filter bacteria).  It will breakdown and dissipate before 24 hours has gone.
Ask someone who owns a swimming pool how much chlorine he/she goes through,
just because it dissipates out.

Bob Dixon