Re: Colored water

In a message dated 7/14/99 2:52:10 AM Central Daylight Time,

<< Is it the driftwood or the liquid fertilizer changing my water?
 If it is the wood, what can I do about it?   >>

Most likely the driftwood, I had drift wood and after several months it was
still leaching color into the tank water. I t did not harm the fish or
plants. Frequent water changes will eliminate most of it and eventually it
should stop.
These natural wood substances should actually be beneficial, why do people go
out and buy blackwater tonic etc.
I personally prefer to have a slightly brown or peat tinge to the water it
seems to look more natural, except for the color the water was crystal clear.

Regards,

John