Re: Newbie

 LuvTheBtls at aol_com wrote:
> The water was very dark yellow.  I thought it was coming from the new dark
> brown driftwood, purchased over a month ago.

Probably is. I've had big pieces discolor the water for many
months( 6+) before things cleared up.

> If it is the wood, what can I do about it?

Water changes, and more water changes. I don't know if charcoal
will help that much (I don't use it), but water changes will.

> Also, my crypts are not doing well since the change?  There has been a lot of
> dead leaves and they are looking pretty thin.  Is there a reason for this?

Crypts don't like change. They'll melt down, but most times they
spring back, until you mess with your parameters again. I loose a
leaf or two everytime I change over 25% or if I go in and have a big
trim fest. I like change, they don't...

Jamie

Jamie Johnson
Greenwood, SC