RE: Hydroponics stores

> mark faulkner <fartmarkner at yahoo_com> wrote:
	> Because of the talk about MH lighting, I thought I would chip
in some
	>info on sources.  You might want to check out some of the
hydroponic
	>gardening suppiers on the internet for MH lighting. They have
some nice
	>looking pendants for considerably less than those offered by
aquarium
	>product suppliers.
<snip>
	> A little legwork will save you lots of cash.

Mark's right, and I agree with him.  Just beware:  Most
hydroponics shops are heavily monitored by the Drug
Enforcement Agency (DEA) and other federal US
agencies, since there is a correlation between
hydroponics supplies and illegal substances.  (I'm
not kidding-- I have friends in some of those agencies).

If I went to a hydroponics store front, even though
I'm just a hobbyist, I'd pay cash and never check
and never credit card.  Of course, if you purchase
over the internet (which I also do), you don't have
that choice.

So... anybody growing anything interesting emersed?  ;-)))

--charley
charleyb at cytomation_com