Re: terracing

Roger Miller writes:

> Can anyone here give me ideas on how to build terraces or other sorts of
>  relief into a substrate so that it both looks natural and stays in place?

I have done it only once.  I found a 5-lb bag of polished river rock in the
fish dept. at Wally World.  They were pieces of different-colored,
quartz-like stuff about 1 1/2 inches in size.  I stacked them where I wanted
the edge of the terraces, and glued them together with silicone.  It held up
until I moved the tank about a year-and-a-half later.  Pieces of small
driftwood branches might also be effective.

Bob Dixon