Re: terracing

>>I don't bother to terrace any more because, as you noted, once the plants
fill in, you can't see the terracing! It much easier to create different
heights in a tank by selecting the plants you use to create the effect.<<

It actually has a more dramatic effect in the foreground, or when using low growing plants.
I have three tiers in front with carpets of fourleaf clover on each tier. They are very gradual inclines, each only a couple of inches higher than the next.  You dont always want the terrace to be seen, in fact most of the
time I wouldnt  want it to be seen! To me, without terracing you are just arranging a bouque.

Robert Paul H
http://www.aquabotanic.com