Re: West Coast & Micro Tank CO2

First the off-topic:

As a California native (yes there are a few of us here), life-long resident,
and the son of a native California farmer, I agree with the comments of Mr.
David.  I will also add that there was plenty of water in California before
the mid-westerners & east-coasters showed up and started buying California
real estate!  ;-)   I work in an office of 30 engineers & scientists.
Number of California natives?  Four.

Thank you for your indulgance, now back to the plants...

Is a 2.5 gallon tank too small for DIY CO2?  Our tap water is very hard, GH
about 28 deg, KH about 13 deg, with pH about 7.8.  I also have access to
free RO water, so with a tank this small I can dial-in the hardness I want
by mixing the tap & RO.

--
Jeff
jvaline at jps_net

>Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 18:57:01 -0700
>From: "Craig David" <whamajamma at earthlink_net>
>Subject: Re: When West is East
>
>Don't mean to be too much off topic but was a little touched by Olga's
>comment on California water.  Yes it doesn't rain a lot here in
SoCal...over
>300 sunny days a year (which is why Hollywood loves to film here)...but
what
>people don't realize is that 85% of the water not used for the environment
>the goes to agriculture....have you eaten lettuce lately? or strawberries?
>can almost guarantee you it came from California...almost the entire
>lettuce, artichoke, asparagus, tomato, cucumber, pistachios, almonds and
>many other "cold" crops that feed America and the world (yes, Canada too)
>come primarily from California.  It's likely your wine, cheese, and rice
you
>eat also comes from California.  And SoCal leads the nation in recycling
>water supplies all the way from terciary treatment to reverse osmosis.
Our